Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Class 2 Week 1, AM is the drug of choice

In 'When a Man Loves a Woman', Andy Garcia and Meg Ryan's seemingly perfect marriage shatters like porcelin as they both struggle through the consequences of her alcoholism. Straining to hold onto something tangible and genuine, Meg Ryan tearfully relays the tale of her lifes lesson to the understanding faces of her fellow alcolhics and enablers at her 3 month meeting. She gushes, "At least I have this chip". I think that there was silence. Then one person clapped, then another, until everyone goes berzerk with sympathetic hysteria. Then they all went out for a smoke. Oh, and oh yea...AM is like that. It's the chip that I hang onto when I try to get clients to call back. If I get flipped off on the 405, I go home and pour myself a tall glass of AM. No checks in the mailbox, Sour words with the family, I retreat to my AM hidey hole. When Shaq missed the championship this year, AM was the fair mistress who offered her supple shoulder for me to...uh, right. Okay then, AM.
The first semster has ended and I'm about to open the first week of the second class. My new mentor is Doug Dooley. Lets Rock!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home