Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

If ignorance is bliss then this is paradise!

I was speaking to my good friend Gilgamesh, and we were commenting about the amazing improvements that everyone has made over this first semester. Looking forward to what the next semester holds she asked, "How deep does the rabbit hole go?" It occurred to me that I didn't know how little I knew. And I can't wait to see what I don't know next semester! I work on the homework until the wee hours, as I'm sure most do. I try to NOT do anything cutsy with the assignments as 1. I think that the mentors find it annoying, and 2. if the work isn't spot on then I'll just look foolish. The ultimate goal is not only to entertain, but to learn a trade and provide a service to clients. Te effort has to be in the lesson, not in the fluff (because I'm not that good). But god bless those that can do both. I completely changed the spacing and timing of Hoochie Mama. I've learned plenty, and out characters don't even have arms or faces.
Jeremy Cantor’s is back online doing QnA’s and I’m glad. I think that because we’re relatively close in age I missed his demeanor, professional attitude, and no nonsense approach. But it was good to get some training from Bobby about spacing. It's when he actually takes the reigns and turns the camera on his screen that I seem to 'get it'.
I’ve reuploaded the latest Hoochie mama. I need to go bathe, start a BBQ, kiss the loved ones, and do some other stuff that keeps me from doing my real passion. (just kidding guys)


.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger animatorsnotebook said...

That rabbit hole phrase gets seen more and more in these AM blogs. What's more interesting is I'm pretty sure I used something like it in my essay to describe my curiousity. Isn't it weird how people on the same frequency of thought can communicate in the same manner even if they have no connections at all?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home