Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Spinning My Wheels in the Dark

I just had all of my work for the last couple of weeks kicked back to me, so I redid everything from scratch and my mentor did not noticed. My mentor is so caught up in his own internet problems that he doesn't acknowledge anything in the sketchbook section ever and seems to address the revisions as an afterthought. He hasn't even done our QnA's for the last 2 weeks, relegating that to BBB which could be a good thing, except that last night, the make up session was a Global QnA which meant that instead of 20 of us in a room it was 300 and hence NO PERSONAL CRITIQUES. Every day I work towards something unknown and mysterious. I'm not suggesting that this is a good thing. I really don't know. I checked my grades and no matter how hard I try I come up with a B+, which ain't too shabby. But I need to compete for a job at the end of the day. The revisions are supposed to give us an opportunity to improve on the grade so I find this particularly frustrating. There is so much top shelf talent out there and I feel that only the 'A' students are the ones who will eventually end up with work. Not to mention the competition coming out of the gaming schools, art schools, and universities around the world.

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger gilgamesh said...

If you thought you were alone in "B" land, think again: I'm flat B's as well. Humbling, but it's still a passing grade, which is all that really matters, right?

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger animatorsnotebook said...

B people make the world go round and get the most learning done. C people are almost everyone, and A people simply know how to play the game and do so.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger jason said...

don't forget.. the grading will get tougher as we expect you guys to know more! an A is really only supposed to be given if you have done everything perfect & there's nothing at all to be said about it.

if you're getting b's.. you're doing pretty damn well! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home