Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Email the Important stuff

I think that we can all agree that we could sit at home without AM and do this stuff and it won't mean squat without the Mentors. Yes, I'm psyched, yes it's totally (gulp) awesome. (Okay, I have a problem with the word awesome. The school is amazing, unique, stupendous, exciting, etc...but genuine 'awe' leaves one speechless. Yet people who utter the word are usually behaving just the opposite, they're...well, animated) Mentors are the heart and soul of the school. They are why we come from around the world to be here. And I love the message that the word 'mentor' conjures. Lincoln said that, " A man is never so tall as when he stoops to help a child." So with that understanding in mind, I cannot comprehend why is it that I' have to scour the forums to find out where and when my mentor is having a QnA. I re-listened to the latest Video News and there was mention that there was a new forum but it didn't know that it was to be on the player page. Yea, I see the button up there, now. My QnA was on Tuesday. And I missed it. I'm so desperately afraid that I missed an epiphany inspiring moment or that a lack of QnA involvement affects my grade. So pleeze, email the Important stuff.

I've spent hours drawing and redrawing the timing for my character walk. I did the same thing with the Vanilla Walk assignment. But this is different. I could just copy what was taught in the lectures and do it over and over until I memorized the poses and timing. But this new assignment requires research. I video taped myself, my girlfriend and I looked at movies for my sexy girl walk. (I looked marvelous). I also looked through animation books. I wanted to do a character walk that was challenging and a definable, useable, cliche. On a goofey walk there is more room for error. I think that women are more difficult to animate because there is so much more subtley to their movement than say in a 'brute' or a wiseguy character. All characters pose their own set of challenges, but I'm here to challenge myself and to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home