Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Spillover Inspiration from Animation Mentor

I found an article in 3D World Magazine about how to make realistic looking skin on characters. I'm particularly interested in the application of animated bump maps and their application in facial deformation of wrinkles. I'll need to do some tests. I have plenty of meshes from old jobs and it'll do me a world of good to retexture them from scratch and strive for realistic skin. Painting the maps, creating the sliders, subsurface scattering, it'll all come into play when doing characters for either myself or for a client.
Last week I completed a 3D model for the Ritz-Carlton that is actually being made into a piece of furniture to go into their suites. I'm especially proud of the project because the entire thing from design, to approval, to 3D construction took 2 days. The contracting company said that it was a "smash". My homework suffered due to the time it took...okay, going to Vegas didn't help.
I set up my Easel and I'm cleaning my oversized mahogany pallete to do a portrait of the late Uncle Nate. The kindest man to ever grace a Harley Hog.
It's a pleasure to do the weekly sketches in my sketchbook. There's so much to see at Venice Beach in the way of visually interesting characters. And they're doing things. Restaurant drawing is fine but very limited in the poses department.
So much more that I have to do, now that I'm inspired. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home