Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

FRUSTRATION

Blogging is good because I can rant about my AM experience and NOT bother the spouse. If things are going great then I of course should and will go to her and the rest of the family. My turn to put a pretty picture up on my fridge. But the last week or so don't fall into that category. My Maya wouldn't boot up all weelk. I thin that when i outputted some DVD's it flooded some temp files or cache files or maybe I messed somthing up when i tried to get Premier to work. My mom has been in intensive care for 8 days now, the budget was cut on my Sony gig, I blew the 5-X-B interview, my car broke down and my After Effects is on the blink. I need to redo my push animation because it sucked horribly. I misread the assignment from last week and did the wrong thing as well. (what a maroon) I see others soaring in their animations, making friends, networking...and all I seem to do is waste time. So I will go back to the original footage because that can't be wrong. My interpretation was what was askew.

Horrible Push>.


I never did meet up with any of the other mentees as mentioned in previous posts. A group of us were supposed to meet up in Venice, but the loctions kept changing so it didn't work out for me. This week was the Bird of a Feather event at SIGGRAPH. It was great to see the panel discussion with all of the mentors exchanging ideas and anecdotes. But again, when I tried to connect with the other students I could sense their eyes searching for a getaway. WTF? I'll just move on. I'm here to learn something. The good news is that I had a good interview at EA and I'm doing a test for them. So now to regroup. Tonight we're having seafood alfredo. Perhaps a new 'smokin' avatar will do the trick \m/

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger gilgamesh said...

Hey there O depressed one! Wow, sounds like you had one seriously tough week! I've certainly been there myself recently... I TOTALLY blew chunks on the first 3 weeks of assignments, even thought about dropping out entirely! All things pass though. Remember -- it's about the love of animation and learning. Technical glitches are bound to happen; humps and plateaus are frustrating to say the least, but they usually precede breakthroughs. Hold strong to the desire and appreciation of the learning process and don't worry about what other people are doing. And definitely don't worry about trying to fit into some particular clic of people. It was nice to see some of my fellow students at the show and everyone was nice, but i too felt like an old fogie and an outsider at best. I had to remind myself constantly that i'm here for the animation first, the commeraderie second.

So, take a breath and a day off. I saw your video reference this week and it looks freakin' funny. You can pull this off. Leave no room for doubt. And if there's anything i can do to help you out anytime, just give me a call!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your page loaded really quick for all the content and images I'm impressed

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home