Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Monday, May 04, 2009

We are all interconnected

So I showed my final resume to Phelan and we had a good ol time fine tuning it. We also decided that I should have a version for games animation and a separate version for film animation, a different version for being a chef! And a different reel for each too. I humbly take the coaching. And in keeping with my newfound commitment to reach out for help comes the added commitment to give something back. I am committed to donating time to ASIFA. A few months ago I had it that it was all about me. But it aint. I am here for others and it's about tiome I started acting like it. Not that there was anything inherently wrong with the way I conducted myself before. But I assisted in a workshop for the last 9 months that ended about a month ago and it changed my perspective in what it means to be of service. The ultimate reason why I want to animate characters and 'bring them to life' is because I want to make a difference in peoples lives. I could make a cartoon full of cynacism or resignation, but that woudn't be satisfying. Life is hard enough for folk. But making them laugh. That's a noble diversion. Or touching a piece of humanity that lets people know that they aren't alone; that we are not alone, that would be an endeavor of a higher order. Because after all, we are all profoundly connected.

ASIFA HOLLYWOOD
http://www.asifa-hollywood.org/

REEL
http://www.jgibsoniv.com/JG_Demo_60Sec-sfw.mov

CV
http://www.jgibsoniv.com/JG_CV_CA_V02.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home