Animation is about Possibilities and the Choices

We are all profoundly connected.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fiiinal

I crashed at my friends house last night and saw my animation on youtube with a fresh set of eyes in the morning. I was mortified and had to rush home to fix the horrible way that this guy was sliding down his chair. Then I didn't like the sliding hands, then I didn't like the popping elbow, and then and then and then...I got it into the competition with 15 minutes to spare. It refused to acept my .mov, which it had before, but finally accepted an .avi after I lost a little hair. There are still a couple of areas that I need to smooth out but this one is in the bag.

In the previous version, the body started of rigid as he layed back in the first 2 sec, and the right arm was resting on the bar. But the additional body contortions moved the rt arm forward so that it was floating. So I moved the hand to rest on the right thigh. As he adjusts his body in the first 24 frames I made the hands really wrap around the leg as is slides up his thigh. I also played with the reverse curvature of his spine. I calmed down the return of his extended rt arm after the point too. I turned it in with 20 minutes to spare.

Although there is some smoothing to do in a couple of places before it's reel ready. Not to mention lighting, a reaction shot, etc. Film Director Dan halprin has offered to assist me with the cuts and has alredy made some great suggestions o keep it natural and story driven. This exercise was a estament to the words of Brian DeMetz who told me that in CG it takes 10 percent of the time to get 90 percent of the work done. The last 10 percent of the work takes the remaining 90 percent of the time.



www.jgibsoniv.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home